Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Crossroads

This week has been quite stressful for me. I picked up a cold, which I'm still battling. Ended up losing my voice which is never fun for anyone...well maybe my family would say different. :-P Then Monday my 5-year old daughter went in to the hospital for her cardiac MRI to see if her heart is ready for another heart surgery. She had her first open-heart surgery when she was 5-months old. It is always so stressful to put her under general anesthesia for these things. She's just getting older and things are affecting her more because she understands a bit more of what is going on. She knows she has a special heart but its just diffiucult to grasp why she has to go through all this stuff. Then in another 8 days she has to go to a different hospital for dental work in the OR, which means being put under again and we wont know the extent of her dental work till they get in there.

I tell you all this because during this whirlwind of emotions and things going on I've found myself 2 days behind in my workouts and having one too many cheat meals. I still managed to make alot of healthy choices along the way but I was at this crossroad...



I could continue with the seemingly small choices that would ultimatly lead me back to the path I've been on my whole life.

OR
I could take control, work hard and push through to get back on track. I still just have to make those small choices but by making the RIGHT choices I end up with a happier and healthier ME!

Life gets in the way...that is inevitable. We have to learn to make the necessary adjustments to allow ourselves to bend and not break. Things come up, people get sick, schedules get busy....but don't forget WHY you started this journey in the first place. If you mess up...thats part of this journey. If you get knocked down then you just get up, dust yourself off and keep moving forward. Your success depends on the decisions you make today. When you are at your crossroad think about how your actions will impact your future. If you do not like where that leads you then choose a different path!


No comments:

Post a Comment