Saturday, September 29, 2012

Life's Storms

This blog is not only about my health & fitness journey but my personal journey in life. I wanted to share with you all some very important news I just found out last week.

My 5-year-old daughter will be having her 2nd open-heart surgery on October 18th. Her first surgery was when she was 5-months old. Man that time was so difficult for us. It's hard to explain to someone all the emotions that take place in your mind during a time like this. I wanted to share this video of my daughters journey through open-heart surgery when she was a baby. I'm an extremely proud mama and I know she is incredibly strong and will pull through this surgery like a champ. Yes, it will be tough and hard on all of us but with God on our side...we WILL make it through!
So with all this going on in my life I am still committing to my workouts...eating as clean as I can and making sure to allow myself the time I need to work through all my emotions. Today was Super Saturday for Beachbody! I did help host our Super Saturday event today and that was amazing! I meet some amazing coachs and did my first ever Turbo Kick workout! I tell you this why? Because I could either sit around and allow myself to be swallowed up with depression, like I have in the past, or when life pushes me down I get back up and fight harder! I will not be weak...I can't be weak! I have a little girl looking up to me for support and strength in the upcoming weeks. Yes, I will have to take a break from my Beachbody business for a few weeks but that is life. I have to study harder to keep up in school. I have to figure out how to care for my 2-year old while my 5-year old is recovering from surgery. I have all these things weighing on my mind and heart but there is one thing that can help. I can continue to make healthy choices and keep moving. Life is so precious and you dont want to waist a single day feeling sorry for yourself. Allow yourself time for you because that is important. As Chalene Johnson would say, "I've been bit by the bug." I love to workout and it REALLY helps me when I'm having a bad day. If you are going through one of lifes storms right now dont allow life to toss you back and forth. Get up, find your anchor and start leading the life YOU want! You don't have to do this alone...we have a wonderful organization with the Bombshell Dynasty and I promise you we will be the support you need to get your health and life on track!

Some of my fellow Beachbody coaches Post workout!
I cannot wait to start a fit club once Arianna gets past surgery.
 
Me & Vera

2 comments:

  1. Vanessa, I am so proud of you and know that you are going through a rough time. This is a time when a lot of people could just give up, but that has never been in you. You are inspiration through and through girl, never forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz! I've been thinking of you alot today. It's a rough day but I'm fighting to stay strong!

    ReplyDelete